Re: Password Protect a CD

From: Bill Unruh (unruh@string.physics.ubc.ca)
Date: 04/17/02

From: unruh@string.physics.ubc.ca (Bill Unruh)
Date: 17 Apr 2002 16:16:42 GMT

RoyB@morganco.com (Bryan G. Roy) writes:

]Greetings.

]We are currently running a mix of Windows 2000 and NT 4.0 clients. I
]would like to know if anyone has a way of password protecting an
]entire CD. Once the CD is inserted in the users computer, the user
]would be prompted for the password. If the wrong password is entered,
]it denies access to (and maybe ejects) CD. We are using Adaptec CD
]Creator software - if that matters.

WEll, you could make the file system one of the encrypted file systems,
but your uses would then have to install that encrypted file system
under their own operating system. You might be leery about forcing your
users to alter their kernel, and all the legal hassles that could ensue
if problems arose.

Relevant Pages

  • load average gone boink
    ... Then followed the handbook ... file system and succesfully attached and mounted that. ... some operation was pending and unmounted and detached the memory disk. ... I rebooted, no more playing with encrypted file systems, yet I get: ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Accessing file on PC over network
    ... OmniClient, Lanman, etc will get you a real file system. ... I imagine running FTP clients isn't very fluid - I'm wanting ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.networking)
  • file system on firebird database with client server tech and net operative system
    ... I develop an operative system to work on a server machine and access to ... it from clients of diferent plataforms. ... aplications on server and access to special file system. ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: NFS deadlock
    ... sysstat is a package on debian, ... once you get the sar files, ... > The one at the office that serves up to a hundred or so clients ... > exported part of the file system. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • ToolTalk (ttdb) Help
    ... Within the last 2 weeks I have been seeing ttdb error messages. ... File Server side has the ...netISAM errors with the ttdbserverd dying. ... The clients are giving me the "...ttdbserverd not found on fileserver..." ... problem stickly with the shared file system. ...
    (SunManagers)