Re: Indicators of a lack of adequate IT security?

From: Dave Korn (no.spam@my.mailbox.invalid)
Date: 03/26/02

From: "Dave Korn" <no.spam@my.mailbox.invalid>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 12:18:29 -0000

"Robar Fenton" <> wrote in message
> I recently was asked (by a client) " What are some of the indicators
> that would lead you to question the adequacy of an organizations IT
> Security structure (i.e. in terms of protecting its network and
> limiting access to sensitive databases)?"
> This is a more complex question than the client realized. However, I
> agreed to provide an answer.
> Before I do so, I would appreciate any positive suggestions on what
> should be addressed in the answer (I will also provide them with some
> 'indicators of an adequate security infrastructure'.
> Any helpful suggestions are appreciated.

  What percentage of the fee your client is presumably paying you for
providing this service do we get? :-)

moderator of
Burn your ID card!
Help support the campaign, copy this into your .sig!
Proud Member of the Exclusive "I have been plonked by Davee because he
thinks I'm interesting" List Member #<insert number here>
Master of Many Meowing Minions
Holder of the exhalted PF Chang's Crab Wonton Award for kook spankage above
and beyond the call of hilarity.