Re: Indicators of a lack of adequate IT security?

From: Graper (graperdude@aol.com)
Date: 03/26/02

From: graperdude@aol.com (Graper)
Date: 26 Mar 2002 05:01:54 -0800

The first "indicator" I look for is the security plan?
A plan doesn't mean the company has adequate security, but the lack
thereof is a pretty good "indicator" of inadequate security.

By the way it is a LOT easier to identify poor security than to
identify good security.

solaris7ca@yahoo.ca (Robar Fenton) wrote in message news:<a43fec02.0203252346.b36aaaf@posting.google.com>...
> I recently was asked (by a client) " What are some of the indicators
> that would lead you to question the adequacy of an organizations IT
> Security structure

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Which is better?
    ... In the indicator of job insecurity, the importance and feasibility of ... In the indicator of security and management, ... relationship exists only in some other domain (management ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Which is better?
    ... In the indicator of job insecurity, ... In the indicator of security and management, ... How can the injury severity rate be "feasible"? ... indicator of job security is the number and severity of injuries suffered by ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • XP SP2 Security Center Question
    ... Security Center in XP SP2 with respect to its monitoring of the local AV. ... -when I deinstall/install SAV and don't catch up the virus definitions, ... I get a 'green' indicator - all caught up. ... Mike Wiseman ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] PCI DSS & Firewalls
    ... your security is better than your pen tester ... executive management is clueless" or both. ... serves as an indicator of stupid more than anything else. ... Don't be confused by the fact that the indicator is in the ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Firefox: about:blank is phishers best friend
    ... On Thu, 22 Feb 2007, Florian Weimer wrote: ... Do you think this is a good enough security ... indicator ... Full-Disclosure - We believe in it. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)