Uneducated web vendors

From: David Stevenson (debiddo@ihug.co.nz)
Date: 03/07/02

    From: David Stevenson <debiddo@ihug.co.nz>
    Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 19:19:15 +1300

    I recently made a purchase on a webpage which has a secure server and
    everything, but the vendor then sent me a confirmation email containing
    the details of my order, including my credit card details in plain
    text!!!

    What is the point of having a secure server if you are just going to
    send a confirmation email message back to the person with their credit
    card details in plain text?

    I have only bought things from this site, and information services from
    another which seemed more organised. Is this sort of thing common on the
    web? Or are most web vendors a little more savvy?

    David

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: Uneducated web vendors
      ... but the vendor then sent me a confirmation email containing ... > the details of my order, including my credit card details in plain ... > What is the point of having a secure server if you are just going to ...
      (comp.security.misc)
    • Re: Uneducated web vendors
      ... but the vendor then sent me a confirmation email containing ... >> the details of my order, including my credit card details in plain ... >> What is the point of having a secure server if you are just going to ... with one exception - one vendor had the first 4 digits as well. ...
      (comp.security.misc)
    • Re: Uneducated web vendors
      ... David Stevenson wrote: ... > the details of my order, including my credit card details in plain ... > What is the point of having a secure server if you are just going to ... with one exception - one vendor had the first 4 digits as well. ...
      (comp.security.misc)