Re: Has the 128 bit encryption export resriction been lifted?

From: Bill Unruh (unruh@physics.ubc.ca)
Date: 03/04/02

From: unruh@physics.ubc.ca (Bill Unruh)
Date: 4 Mar 2002 21:41:11 GMT

In <f688d23a.0203040538.4a623fdf@posting.google.com> tony@anthonydeluca.com (anthony DeLuca) writes:

]I have been trying to get information on the 128-bit encryption export
]restriction and have had no luck. People have told me that they
]thought it had been lifted, but nobody is sure. Can anyone here answer
]this question or direct me to a good source that might be able to help
]me out?

For "public domain" ( as defined by the act) open source software, ther eis no
restriction. for proprietary there is still a restriction-- you must
still get a license.

Go to the Gov't web sites and read the act for yourself (linked to at the
bottom of my page
www.theory.physics.ubc.ca/pgp.html