Re: computer misuse

From: Dave Korn (no.spam@my.mailbox.invalid)
Date: 02/28/02

From: "Dave Korn" <no.spam@my.mailbox.invalid>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:11:01 -0000

"Lance Delacroix" <lance_delacroix@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
news:9pkk7uci8mu0elb22li1qc4ecvlu3lnlnr@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:41:33 -0000, "shagster" <shag@shagthesheep.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I recently received a caution from work for using my email and surfing
the
> >web for personal use.
 [SNIP]
> It doesn't matter what everybody else thinks. These are legal
> questions. Ask your attorney, spammer.

  Well, the firm whose URL I assume you are accusing of being the spamtarget
in question is based in Sawbridgeworth, and the poster was dialled in from
Colchester, so there's no real guarantee that they've any connection,
although it's possible of couse.

  And there's the far more important point that two posts to one group each
is a BI of 2 in 45 days, which is only 1/10th of the spam threshold, and it
was on topic and highly relevant. And has led to good interesting
discussion threads in both groups where it was posted. So I don't think
your accusation of spamming holds good in this case, unless you found a
whole lot more posts featuring that URL somewhere else ?

       DaveK

--
moderator of
alt.talk.rec.soc.biz.news.comp.humanities.meow.misc.moderated.meow