From: Dave Korn (no.spam@my.mailbox.invalid)
Date: 02/28/02

From: "Dave Korn" <no.spam@my.mailbox.invalid>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:59:53 -0000

"Graper" <> wrote in message
> (John Smith) wrote in message
> > 3. What I want to do is put up an anonymous web site to which workers
> > & others can contribute information anonymously by e-mail about what's
> > happening in various echelons of the company, and provide secure ways
> > for people to access it and write to it.
> > 4. If any juicy info about top management will be on the site (and I
> > believe it will) it is certain that they will put cyber detectives on
> > the trail to try and find out who is responsible, and my head may
> > roll.
> Assuming you could do this, how would you verify the posters were
> indeed employees of the company and that the information posted was
> accurate? At a minimum you have a rumor mill that could turn into a
> slander mill. In the latter case, the business might have grounds for
> a lawsuit.

  Hence the need for pretty unbreachable anonymity I would guess! And isn't
it even the case that truth is only an absolute defence against libel
accusations in some jurisdictions, and not others ?

moderator of
Burn your ID card!
Help support the campaign, copy this into your .sig!
Proud Member of the Exclusive "I have been plonked by Davee because he
thinks I'm interesting" List Member #<insert number here>
Master of Many Meowing Minions
Holder of the exhalted PF Chang's Crab Wonton Award for kook spankage above
and beyond the call of hilarity.