Re: Encrypting Office documents stored on netdisks

From: Adrian Edmonds (egghead@suespammers.org)
Date: 02/17/02

From: "Adrian Edmonds" <egghead@suespammers.org>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 10:13:37 +0200

"Matz Engstrom" <matz_engstrom@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:7b6fc80d.0202161240.7d8b04d9@posting.google.com...
> At my company we share a lot of documentation on netdisks. Most is
> written as Word or Excel or other Office documents. Some is sensitive,
> so it ought to be encrypted. Have you seen any products, probably
> plugins to Office, that enable me to store the documents encrypted,
> and to have them travel over the network encrypted, to be decrypted
> when opened in Office? It should be good encryption, and not what is
> part of Office out of the box. Encrypted file systems and disks are no
> good, since then the document will be decrypted before being sent over
> the network to my PC
> Regards / Matz

You might like to see our product VoiceProof on the website in my sig.

--
Adrian Edmonds
Your voice is your key

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Encrypting Office documents stored on netdisks
    ... Matz Engstrom spake thus: ... > At my company we share a lot of documentation on netdisks. ... > written as Word or Excel or other Office documents. ... It should be good encryption, ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Encrypting Office documents stored on netdisks
    ... > At my company we share a lot of documentation on netdisks. ... > written as Word or Excel or other Office documents. ... It should be good encryption, ... a public/private keypair, the public keys are known to everyone). ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Encrypting Office documents stored on netdisks
    ... At my company we share a lot of documentation on netdisks. ... written as Word or Excel or other Office documents. ... It should be good encryption, ... Encrypted file systems and disks are no ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Excel Cell Format
    ... Used to use Excel almost every day, ... the number of digits displayed, Excel stores numbers with up to 15 digits of ... It was Excel that I was saying was easy, not RoboForm. ... 3DES algorithm and the encryption / decryption key is generated from ...
  • Re: How do I password protect a workbook in Excel?
    ... Try opening the Office Button on the top left of the Excel application. ... I really need the ability to protect my files. ... To allow only authorized reviewers to view or modify your content, ... Encryption is a standard method used to help make your file more secure. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)