Re: Microsoft finally acknowledges the security drumbeats

From: srt@nospam.unt.edu
Date: 02/16/02

From: srt@nospam.unt.edu
Date: 16 Feb 2002 03:52:23 GMT

In comp.security.misc John R Pierce <spam@is.invalid> wrote:
> On 15 Feb 2002 11:59:21 -0800, Marty Fouts <usenet-user@usa.net> wrote:

>>OK. I'll add Lessig to my reading list. His books aren't at my local
>>library, so I'd appreciate a full reference so I can ILL it.

> I'd guess it to be this one...
> <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0375505784/qid=1013807214/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/104-7045499-3719955>
> ("The Future of Ideas: The Fate of the Commons in a Connected World" by
> Lawrence Lessig, ISBN: 0375505784)

> And the aforementioned "Copywrongs" book is likely...
> <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0814788068/ref=pd_sim_books/104-7045499-3719955>
> ("Copyrights and Copywrongs: The Rise of Intellectual Property and How It
> Threatens Creativity" by Siva Vaidhyanathan, ISBN: 0814788068)

Yes, those are exactly the two books I was talking about. Thanks for
looking that up -- I suppose I shouldn't have been so lazy when I made
my other posting.... :-)

--
Steve Tate --- srt[At]cs.unt.edu | Gratuitously stolen quote:
Dept. of Computer Sciences       | "The box said 'Requires Windows 95, NT,

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Microsoft finally acknowledges the security drumbeats
    ... In comp.security.misc John R Pierce wrote: ... so I'd appreciate a full reference so I can ILL it. ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: Steve Carroll proves he cannot understand what he reads. Again.
    ... referenced up until the point John wrote the term "his ... People who can comprehend what they ... where the only Mac referenced up until that point was Steve's ... So you *are* claiming to know what specific machine John was in reference ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Heres another Adios - to film cameras
    ... >A good summation, John. ... full package make adding notes easy. ... site to have a significant reference library at hand. ... The paper itself contains no electronics and ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: St. Johns Day
    ... (as per your reference to the title 'Reverend'). ... gentlemen as Saints covers the honorific. ... they were "sworn by God and St. John by the Square and Compass and common ... The Dumfries MS calls the Lodge ...
    (soc.org.freemasonry)
  • Re: Texas TMS1232 Delta Sigma converters
    ... >John Larkin wrote: ... >> Make sure you're not picking up 50/60 Hz line noise, ... >filtering unless we *really* have to. ... the reference problem is serious. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)