Re: Network security - DMZs, Bastion Hosts etc...

From: Dustin Puryear (dpuryear@usa.net)
Date: 02/15/02

    From: dpuryear@usa.net (Dustin Puryear)
    Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 05:04:46 GMT

    On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 21:26:42 -0000, "Exodus" <exodus@thisaintreal.com>
    wrote:
    >systems/databases available to internet based systems.
    >
    >What's the most secure way of allowing systems interactive access through a
    >firewall, whilst ensuring that internet traffic can have absolutely no
    >access to the internal lan?

    I noticed you have a few replies, so I'll be brief. I'd like to
    suggest that if you haven't already, read _Building Internet
    Firewalls_ from O'Reilly. I'm reading it and it basically goes over
    what you are discussing right now.

    Regards, Dustin

    ---
    Dustin Puryear <dpuryear@usa.net>
    Information Systems Contractor
    http://members.telocity.com/~dpuryear
    PGP Key available at http://www.us.pgp.net
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams