Re: Microsoft finally acknowledges the security drumbeats

From: Marty Fouts (usenet-user@usa.net)
Date: 02/14/02

From: Marty Fouts <usenet-user@usa.net>
Date: 13 Feb 2002 17:50:44 -0800

spp@cs.berkeley.edu writes:

> Jeffrey Siegal <jbs@quiotix.com> wrote:
>
> >spp@cs.berkeley.edu wrote:

> >> How long ago was this?
>
> > 2-3 years. I don't remember exactly.
>
> Right. It was two or three years ago that I heard they
> planned to eventually plastic-wrap the things with a
> license agreement.
>
> Anyone know whether this ever actually happened?

Don't know. THe DVD player I got for Christmas was not so wrapped, but
I have no idea how long it had sat on a retailer's shelf before then.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Microsoft finally acknowledges the security drumbeats
    ... > license agreement. ... THe DVD player I got for Christmas was not so wrapped, ... I have no idea how long it had sat on a retailer's shelf before then. ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: A/V equipment dimensions for furniture design
    ... I needed something to hold my amp, DVD player, VHS player/recorder, ... Each 3/4" ply shelf has a curved front and a curved rear ... with hardwood lips on each edge. ... open corner allows for wiring management and air movement. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: Lies, Dammed Lies, and Stat^WElections.
    ... area that are apparently set up wrong. ... Christmas at my sister's ... I checked her DVD player and found it was set ... brand of TV as me which doesn't adjust aspect ratios automatically, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: The Incorruptible Pumpkin
    ...  It sat on the dining room table through ... Thanksgiving, was consigned to a side shelf during the Christmas ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: Budget AV equipment racks?
    ... rack wide enough for me to have my AV amp and DVD player next to each ... The amp is 430mm wide and the DVd plater 435mm side. ... shelf would have to be in the region of 200+ mm... ... That rack would cost you about 30 quid from Argos (if they still do ...
    (uk.rec.audio)