Re: Microsoft finally acknowledges the security drumbeats

From: John R Pierce (spam@is.invalid)
Date: 02/11/02

From: John R Pierce <spam@is.invalid>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 18:21:23 -0800

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 01:44:55 GMT, Howard Christeller
<hchristeller@home.com> wrote:

>You must explicitly configure up2date for auto installs; you can also
>configure it so that it only downloads, but does not install.

Windows update in XP works exactly the same way. Mine is configured to go
ahead and download the updates but NOT automatically install them, and it
asks me if I want them, and lets me pull up the details on them etc.

Note the use of the word 'may' several times in the legalese.

-jrp