Formats of PGP-signed messages

From: Sean McAfee (mcafee@artemis.transmeta.com)
Date: 01/25/02

From: mcafee@artemis.transmeta.com (Sean McAfee)
Date: 25 Jan 2002 10:25:05 -0800

I've been working on software that can verify the signatures of incoming
e-mail messages. Currently it knows about the multipart/signed
Content-Type, and how to interpret the parts of such messages. This takes
care of most of the signed e-mail that I receive, but I have one friend who
sends me messages signed in a different format. The Content-Type of his
messages is text/plain, and the body of the message is delimited by the
following lines:

Can someone refer me to a document that describes the format of messages
like this?

Thanks in advance.

--
"It's a deicide.  This guy Lokk arranged the murder of this guy Baldur.
 Now Baldur's Dad's going postal and threatening to end the universe..."

Relevant Pages

  • Re: KMail: export received emails?
    ... What format would you like them to be in? ... If you want them as isolated 'elements' (E-mail messages), ... You can then move such MBOX files from ... Roy S. Schestowitz | "Hack to learn, ...
    (comp.windows.x.kde)
  • Add Format Painter Button to Outlook 2003
    ... Tools> Options> Mail Format Tab ... Check - Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to read Rich Text e-mail messages. ... Right Click anywhere on the toolbar - select 'Customize' ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: Printing in Outlook 2003 - WHAT THE HELL DID MICROSOFT DO???
    ... You get different "Print" diaglogue boxes depending on the format of the ... E-Mail messages ARE NOT THE SAME. ... >>I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • missing name in from field
    ... format is plain text. ... The rich text e-mail messages have ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)