Re: fedwu.windowsupdate.com "Fed WU" ?

From: Happy@info.der-keiler.de
Date: 12/22/01

    From: Happy Cat
    Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 00:18:52 -0500

    On 21 Dec 2001 12:12:13 -0500, fedwu@fedwu.fedwu.com (fedwu) wrote:

    >Hi all ..
    >
    >I went to windowsupdate.com today to grab the patch for the new
    >Windows UPnP vulnerability. As I normally do when any OS-modifying
    >update is coming across the wire, I ran a netstat during the download
    >to see who I was connected to. But this time instead of the file coming
    >from download.windowsupdate.com, it was coming from:
    >
    >fedwu.windowsupdate.com (207.46.106.80)

    This would be the Magic Lantern update portal.

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: fedwu.windowsupdate.com "Fed WU" ?
      ... > I went to windowsupdate.com today to grab the patch for the new ... > Windows UPnP vulnerability. ... > but the hostname set off alarm bells and I aborted the download. ...
      (comp.security.misc)
    • Re: [patch 0/3] MBCS: Convert semaphores to the mutex API
      ... mutex API ... i could only test successfull compilation as i don't have the ... should have been in `patch -p1' form: ... I'd suggest that you grab and learn ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: The quiet before the storm....
      ... Before the patch, I ... doing the dailies, etc. ... chance to grab him before someone else. ... nope, none are crossrealm, it's just got active again. ...
      (alt.games.warcraft)
    • Re: 2.6.15-rc3: adduser: unable to lock password file
      ... Either grab 2.6.15-rc5 from kernel.org, ... this patch solved the problem. ... > More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html ... > Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/ ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • SCTP heads up/ping
      ... A gentle reminder for those of interest... ... out a patch earlier for SCTP.. ... in taking a look please grab it and do some testing... ...
      (freebsd-current)