Re: Snort logs

From: Nicolas Jombart (ecureuil@bouglou.net)
Date: 12/21/01

From: Nicolas Jombart <ecureuil@bouglou.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 14:32:15 +0100

* cc_photo@mtnguy.com <cc_photo@mtnguy.com>:
> In the Snort command line it's possible to send the alerts to a
> specified directory by using "-l /usr/local/bin/snort".

-l yes, but not /usr/local/bin please :-)

> My question is, using Linux, is it possible to specify a different
> Linux system?
>
> For instance, if I have Snort running on Linux box "A" and want to
> send the alerts to Linux box "B". Is this possible? And if so, what
> would the command line look like?

The easiest way is to use syslog (snort -s) and send this log entries
via network to another box (see /etc/syslog.conf).
Other ways can be Mysql or some things like dmarc.

--
ecureuil <ecureuil@bouglou.net>
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Snort logs
  • Snort logs
    ... In the Snort command line it's possible to send the alerts to a ... My question is, using Linux, is it possible to specify a different ... Linux system? ... send the alerts to Linux box "B". ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Snort logs
    ... In the Snort command line it's possible to send the alerts to a ... My question is, using Linux, is it possible to specify a different ... Linux system? ... send the alerts to Linux box "B". ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Snort logs
    ... In the Snort command line it's possible to send the alerts to a ... My question is, using Linux, is it possible to specify a different ... Linux system? ... send the alerts to Linux box "B". ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)