Re: P2P apps & filewalls

From: Patrick Lotti (
Date: 12/19/01

From: Patrick Lotti <>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 11:25:15 +0100

> Thanks for the response. How are people connecting to my PC though? I've
> seen incoming connections when I've been running Kazaa. I'm behind a
> firewall/NAT server. Nothing special has been setup on the server, it's a
> standard NAT software install. How are they getting through?

There are NO incoming connections, for sure!

Other Clients may ask YOU to open connections to THEM:
This request is done through the connection that YOU
opened when you connected to the main server.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SMTP server using port 587 outgoing?
    ... incoming connections by doing a DNS reverse lookup, ... Some systems will wait for the DNS reply, ... If you find connections are slow, ... I had a mail server sending mail outside from my ...
  • Re: WinXP and 2K: Inbound Connections Limited to 10?
    ... That mean that server ( ... >> on incoming connections established for the purpose of sharing resources ... >> may be bound by legal agreement to not permit more than 10 clients. ...
  • Re: Synchronous SMTP Sink with CDO
    ... Do you know if the SMTP server will still accept incoming connections ... If it can accept other connections, can the sink be called from two ...
  • Re: 2 simultaneous dial-in RAS
    ... incoming connections on your machine. ... > number of ports to use for RAS dial-in. ...
  • Re: Network woes...
    ... Windows XP Home limits to 5 incoming connections simultaneously, XP Pro to 10. ... With as many as 7 clients accessing one "server", ...