Re: Network security and eMail

From: RCC (rcc76@hotmail.com)
Date: 12/13/01

From: "RCC" <rcc76@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 12:47:18 +1300

    I said oportunistic.
    If a user is determined to undermine company's operation, is the HR
departments job, not ours.
    Our main purpose is to prevent security breaches and, if these attempts
fail, to track the offending user's activities for prosecution purpose.
    In high security environments, when a user is fired (this is what I call
oportunistic) then he/she is escorted immediately out of the and somebody
else does the cleanup (data and paperwork).
    Look for high security operations guidelines for banks, for example.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Open_Source
    ... Unfortunately there are no well done WWW browsers for unix in the world. ... virtualbox) dedicated to this purpose and this purpose only. ... from a security point of view. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Hijack well-known ports
    ... I realize that there's a point where security costs more than it's ... > IPserves no purpose and is a waste of time and resources, ... All I can say is that I hope you aren't involved with network ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] Vulnerability Disclosure Debate
    ... > The purpose of a lock is not security. ... The purpose of a lock is to keep unauthorized people out. ... Knowledge of limitations is just as important, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • ICMP Scan
    ... I saw this traffic last night on an IDS system inside a firewall. ... It looks to me like the purpose is to ... Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines six ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: Hide email from spammers
    ... >>serve the purpose of hiding the email address? ... Next I need to learn what the "security" issues are that people keep ... I found one called Jack's FormMail at ...
    (comp.lang.php)