Don't understand firewall message

Hello Group:
My system:
Router Linksys BEFSX41
Desktop - Win XP Pro SP3 32 bit, Deerfield Visnetic software firewall
Laptop - Win 7 pro 64 bit

Question:
I just bought the laptop,plugged it into the router, and Win 7 set up
the networking without any input from me.
My desktop has an IP address of 162.168.1.151
The two connect just fine.
But now I am constantly getting messages from the firewall on the
desktop about an inbound TCP connection attempt:
Source 192.168.1.100 (? the router or the laptop) on port 50193
Destination: 192.16831.151 (my desktop) on port 445

I would appreciate an explanation of what may be going on, and advice
if I should block or allow it.

Maybe I need to give my laptop an IP address. My old one was XP
machine with IP 192.168.1.152

Many thanks.

Jack

  • Re: Free Muni or other hotspot access from a sailboat??
    ... you'll always have a strong signal on your boat, ... laptop individually, via URL IP address, connecting them with a crossover ... i'm going to use an old laptop running debian linux as my router on the ... connector for boat hard wire connections, ...
    (rec.boats.cruising)
  • Re: XP has stopped serving outside localhost
    ... My laptop is my working machine. ... I have cisco vpn installed. ... connections between removing 4.8 and installing 5. ... I have tried static though on this particular router, ...
  • Re: Best WiFi transmitters?
    ... On the Wireless -> Basic Settings page, the 3rd box down is "Wireless ... signal strength to you get on the Acer laptop when things are working ... The laptop is in the living ... causing the router to go weird. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: XP SP2, Cant access internet with 1 PC out of 3 updated
    ... w/out the router? ... Uninstall SP2 again and see what happens. ... > I can ping the rounter from this problem PC (Toshiba laptop), ... I can't access the internet from the Toshiba. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Workgroup no longer accessible
    ... checked desktop #2 could not access the laptop. ... is the one that states that the workgroup is not accessible. ... act of connecting to a new router could have changed a setting. ... need to tune the master browser setup, and designate 1 browsers that will ...