Don't understand firewall message
- From: JClark <jclark@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 05:49:28 -0400
Router Linksys BEFSX41
Desktop - Win XP Pro SP3 32 bit, Deerfield Visnetic software firewall
Laptop - Win 7 pro 64 bit
I just bought the laptop,plugged it into the router, and Win 7 set up
the networking without any input from me.
My desktop has an IP address of 22.214.171.124
The two connect just fine.
But now I am constantly getting messages from the firewall on the
desktop about an inbound TCP connection attempt:
Source 192.168.1.100 (? the router or the laptop) on port 50193
Destination: 192.16831.151 (my desktop) on port 445
I would appreciate an explanation of what may be going on, and advice
if I should block or allow it.
Maybe I need to give my laptop an IP address. My old one was XP
machine with IP 192.168.1.152
- Prev by Date: Re: Cyberoam UTM..anyone heard of it? How does it compare to Fortigate?
- Next by Date: Re: Don't understand firewall message
- Previous by thread: Re: Cyberoam UTM..anyone heard of it? How does it compare to Fortigate?
- Next by thread: Re: Don't understand firewall message