Re: Book "Cisco Firewalls"

Hank Schrader wrote:

VanguardLH:

So you're promoting a pirated copy of a copyrighted book. ...

Are you the group-idiot here?

Oh yes, a company that publishes documents and charges over $50 for them
(which is far greater than the paper and binding costs per unit) is
really going to dump a free .pdf download file - and dump it on some
online storage site over which they have no control, like filesonic.

Oh, and of course, a huge company like Cisco needs to bundle in spamware
for some "wow" e-reader which isn't even needed to view a .pdf file.
The users that this *book* targets already made their choice for a PDF
viewer app.

Instead of actually addressing the issue, you attempt subtefuge through
insults. It isn't lost on anyone that instead of rebuking my claim that
you change the topic. So you've proven my point. Thank you. Yes, it
must be my fault that you got caught.

Oh yes, I must be the idiot because Hank is such an expert Usenet
participant with his grand total of 2 posts (the same one here and in
the de.comp.security.firewalls group).

Let's see how long the download survives. Cisco has been informed but
it'll be awhile before they act on it. Since you've been ever so
informative in your rebuttal to prove this download is legit, I've
decided to also inform filesonic since they aren't interested in
violating copyrights or DCMA, either.

  • Re: Potters favorite computer programs.
    ... > They can be download from the Internet and most are free. ... > 5D PDF - Creates PDF files via the print command. ... > Microsoft PhotoStory - use to make pictures into DVDs and videos. ... > CDBank - reads in and catalogs the directories of your disk drives, ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: Can doc and pdf files be treated this way?
    ... Downloading the .html document from the site, editing it locally and then ... but I don't know about the PDF ones. ... >> I've begun to design a Web page that will allow users to either download ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage)
  • Re: TeX/LaTeX isnt easy
    ... By that logic, all links to PDF files are "marked", since ... documentation inadequate to decide whether to go ahead and download ... Sumatra PDF, any web browser with a PDF plug-in, and plenty of others. ... We were discussing Acrobat Reader, ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: Timetable PDFs on Amazon Kindle
    ... I recently used the PDF version of Table 26 on an iPad to follow the ... progress of a train I was travelling on. ... An iPad is an alternative to a Kindle, ... Even if I had unlimited data downloads, I find it hard to conceive of any circumstance I would want to download pdfs of the big and clunky NRT to my mobile device. ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: How do I save a project as a PDF document
    ... about Microsoft Project ... download a converter, which brings them to the MS page saying the ... the save as pdf plug in from MS. ...
    (microsoft.public.project)