Re: Antivirus8 or av8.exe virus

darfun <darfun.inc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
my computer started displaying popups of a program called Antivirus8
and some times av8.exe. although i did not download or installed it
but it claimed to be my protection tool and it asked me to pay for its
license so it would remove viruses from my computer. someone suggested
me to remove this antivirus 8 as its a fake software. i instaled
malware bytes, super antispyware and spy hunter, they did not work for
me. now a friend told me to go to this website

Removal tools (or instructions for manual removal) are no solution to an
infection, particularly not with malware that may download more malware
or may give an attacker remote access. One can never be sure what else
was modified on the system and thus can never be certain that the
malware was removed entirely.

cu
59cobalt
--Mark Russinovich

  • Re: Personal Antivirus Removal Guide
    ... malware that may download more malware or may give an attacker remote ... there's no difference between manual removal and removal tools ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Antivirus Solution Pro virus removal
    ... AntivirSolution is ... for download on deceptive websites. ... Removal tools are no solution to an ... particularly not with malware that may download more malware ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Autorun inf USB virus help
    ... Removal tools are no solution to an ... particularly not with malware that may download more malware ... or may give an attacker remote access. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Antivirus Solution Pro virus removal
    ... AntivirSolution is ... available for download on deceptive websites. ... Try this for removing malware. ... Removal tools are no solution to an ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Home page
    ... CWS parasite variants to remove. ... The process of removing certain malware may kill your internet connection. ... Download their uninstaller, uninstall.exe. ... and SpyBot per the directions in Basic, ...