Re: Win7 svchost.exe using a lot of Memory

Hi there Rick,
Thanks for you reply.

I have noticed that right after Startup of Windows the svchost.exe does
grow quite a bit. Considering its under 30.000k, and then grows to the
115.000k it has when my System is fully loaded.

What makes you think that 115MB is "too much" for a 64 bit machine?

Considering that I always check my processes, and the usage of my pc.
Windows now consumes 40% of my memory with only Firefox running. Which
in my opinion is too much (or am i wrong???). Also considering I use
Task Manager a lot, svchost.exe has never caught my attention until it
became this memory absorbing problem.

My Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Intel Quad Core Q6600 (4x 2.4Ghz)
4GB RAM
GeForce GTX 280 with 1GB memory

--
Darkray
Darkray's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/196772.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: Computer keeps restarting
    ... before, that is - restarting without warning, not often but occassionally. ... So I am thinking that a vital piece of the Windows Startup software may have ... Run at least two of these memory diagnostic utilities. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Computer bogs down in XP
    ... Dual boot XP Professional, ... startup group, but the computer always runs fine at startup no matter ... In Windows 7 I don't have this problem, ... memory removed one night and the other half the other. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: xp taking hours to boot
    ... running on startup, but whatever the problem I'm having trouble ... anything to work in Windows. ... time you boot up. ... The Total figure represents the amount of memory you are using at ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Cleanup of computer
    ... I want to cleanup a Windows XP computer that has become rather slow. ... available that use far fewer resources. ... configure them not to always run at startup: ... The Total figure represents the amount of memory you are using at that ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Virtual memory
    ... You can configure virtual memory in windows xp and thereby improve the ... How to set performance options in Windows XP ... if you have background programs such as printing or disk ... It is also known as the paging file. ...