Win7 svchost.exe using a lot of Memory

Hi there everyone!
I really hope you guys can help me out here!
I have searched the web and also this website for an answer, however
only answers i get are with WinXP.

This is why i started this new thread.

I am currently running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit, and seem to have this
svchost.exe problem. In my Tast manager i have alot of Processes however
none of them exeeds 50.000k Memory. (this including Firefox, Outlook,
iTunes)
However the svchost.exe is using up 115500k Memory which is too much.

I hope you guys can help me out here!
Any other specs or info needed just ask and ill post what is needed to
get this problem solved!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Chris

--
Darkray
Darkray's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/196772.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: Win7 svchost.exe using a lot of Memory
    ... Darkray wrote: ... I have searched the web and also this website for an answer, ... However the svchost.exe is using up 115500k Memory which is too much. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: disppearing disk drives, faultly programs and slow performance
    ... under processes as using 0 memory and would not show up under the ... Also, almost immediately, Internet Explorer stopped working, the link ... The computer virtually stopped when I tried to update itunes from ... my Cd-rom/DVD-rom drives disappeared. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: w3wp.exe Allocating Over a Gig of RAM
    ... are you using inproc sessions? ... | The organization I am working for has created a new corporate website ... | this memory is not noticably released. ... | By Address portion of the CLR Profiler report, but this seems to be the ...
  • Re: Which router then?
    ... Sounds like my buggy D-Link. ... There's a couple of nasty bugs sue to lack of onboard memory. ... The latter can be resolved by disabling the DNS ... Even now I have iTunes sharing between the G5 ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Computer Freezing
    ... A memory and hard drive test would be the first things to do. ... For the hard drive, download the diagnostic utility from the hard drive mfg's website, do not rely on chkdsk, is is not a hardware diagnostic. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)