Re: Iptables rules Access by MAC and redirect

"Tom Tom" <tomtomlx13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
but I don?t know how to redirect blocked users to web page
information.

That's because one can't do that with iptables alone. The web server has
to be able to determine what it will allow and not. MAC addresses
typically aren't available, so you'll also need an external script run by
the server.

  • Re: NT/2000 vs Unix based Web Servers
    ... I wouldn't know if Mac is as flexible, I do doubt however if it's as secure. ... a lot of CGI stuff in there. ... >>a bad application for a web server that opens them to an attack. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: OT Paging the Macistis
    ... I have it stored on my web server here, ... >> to set up port forwarding from the external IP to your internal one for ... I guess it would be impossible to do it from the work machine for many ... I only use a Mac at home. ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: Using Mac OS X as a web server
    ... > Over the last years I let a company host my two web sites, ... > would like to put them on my mac os x system to save the money. ... You will need to open a port 80 in your router and have it ... a web server site, and they may block port 80. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.misc)
  • Re: Mac has very slow connection to Appache tomcat Webserver - PC connection very fast
    ... PC's have no trouble accessing the web server, ... connection is very fast. ... If you don;t touch anything on the mac for about 2 ... Microsoft MVP - Directory Services ...
  • RE: [SLE] MAC address authentication
    ... Subject: MAC address authentication ... > They have to put in there Name and Room Number (PHP, ... Can the web server see the DHCP server's log file (or is there a DHCP ...
    (SuSE)