Re: Low cost hardware firewalls?

On Jan 11, 3:38 am, Ohm <O...@xxxxx> wrote:
I had a Linksys BEFSX41 for my home internet connection, but it
finally died. Are there better options these days in the way of low
cost hardware firewalls? Thanks.

I am not sure if this could be considered a hardware firewall, but using
a dedicated second hand low spec PC with a celeron CPU and 128MB RAM and a
free open source firewall such as Monowall, works great.

Monowall:http://m0n0.ch/wall/

The recommended amount of RAM for m0n0wall is 64 MB. It might work with
less, especially if you don't use a lot of features/services.

The problem I have with that idea is that it seems like it would only
be practical for a desktop pc loaded with NIC cards. That is a fairly
large and bulky item.

I am curious about buying a used firewall router of higher quality.
.