Re: Best Firewall??

In article <or6r75pak6v7lqksoopftp4p91c7tou50i@xxxxxxx>,
jz137xww@xxxxxxx says...

Since Norton Security Suite has such good reviews this year, I'm
thinking of buying it. However, I'm wondering if there is a better
firewall available. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Also,
comments on the Norton Suite.

Here is a reliable source of information:

http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-
challenge/results.php

There are several free firewall options that are consistently rated in
the top group. There's no reason for you to pay for Norton if you can
get something else (rated higher, no less) for free.

I've recently switched to Kaspersky because I got it for free (after
rebates) from Fry's. It has done very well. Previously, I was using
Comodo, which also did very well.

I don't know how the current Norton suite is, but they have a bad
reputation in recent years, mainly having to do with the effort it takes
to get rid of it. Whatever you choose to do, make sure you backup your
system before installing the security product to make sure you can
easily roll things back if you don't like it.

  • Re: Which Internet Security Suite to get included with new computer?
    ... Internet Security Suite from Norton, McAfee, or Trend Micro in the purchase price. ... I am open to advice ranging from one of them being superior, to they all are inferior, to which one sucks the least, or even the one easiest to remove without hosing the system before installing a different suite. ... Vista's built-in firewall, although superior to that of WinXP, is of a rudimentary nature, intended to meet the simpler needs of most home consumers. ...
  • Re: Best Firewall??
    ... Since Norton Security Suite has such good reviews this year, ... firewall available. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Recommended firewall and anti-virus.
    ... > suites from Norton and McAffee, but got just a few sarcastic "boo hiss" ... > Will the Norton suite wreck my laptop or something? ... > they have a suite that includes a firewall. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Best Firewall??
    ... Since Norton Security Suite has such good reviews this year, ... firewall available. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Recommended firewall and anti-virus.
    ... > suites from Norton and McAffee, but got just a few sarcastic "boo hiss" ... > and just want to have anti-virus and firewall protection while using the ... > Will the Norton suite wreck my laptop or something? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)