Re: Dos attacks

Am Sun, 05 Jul 2009 09:06:27 -0400 schrieb Leythos:

In article <a0ee3a21-2ece-48db-8cfc-272c4939f7f2
@y17g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>, ashley12765@xxxxxxxxx says...
We had trouble with out website because of DoS attacks and we are
thinking about installing a Web Application Firewall.

Most firewall appliances handle DOS attacks, most all of them are under
$5000.

DOS != DOS, depends on the kind of attack, mot of the tcp based syn flood
attacks can be handled via firewall or if the OS kernel supports it you
probably can handle it on the sytem itself as well.

cheers

  • [fw-wiz] ***SPAM*** Re: Firewalls that generate new packets..
    ... stopping DDOS attacks directed AT you, from multiple sources, is something few firewalls can do if the attack is large/amplified/sustained. ... If someone really wants you badly and has the "connections" he can make life pretty miserable for you irregardless of the firewall you use. ... My experience is that many firewall admins worry about more than in part because DDOS attacks are familiar to the culture and the effects of a DDOS attack directed at your organization often has a financial and reputational impact. ... CAN prevent most DOS attacks. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Which Firewall?
    ... Please a DOS 6.2 machine on the net ... > with no services running and guess what ... ... Then there are man-in-the-middle attacks on open, ... A firewall may or may not help in this situation tho. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Firewalls that generate new packets..
    ... Properly configured, a simple firewall ... CAN prevent most DOS attacks. ... "Defeating DDOS". ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] medical records, web server, & stateful firewall vs packet filter
    ... Maybe a simple packet filter would be ... less prone to DoS ... > firewall device like a PIX or ASA 5500 would offer better overall ... I think you're off-target to be worrying about DoS attacks over attacks that ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Hacking to Xp box
    ... I think there was a misunderstanding in the firewall point: ... you need to find some vulnerability that could be exploited to run ... > restricts most of the attacks that use anonymous connections. ... > Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: ...
    (Pen-Test)