Watching WTA Warsaw from work

There is a lot of interest in the WTA Warsaw tennis event,
this year, which is otherwise just a small "tune up" event
for French open.

Becuase of Maria Sharapova making her return to the game, I
am seeing connections from office networks all over Europe
to our audio and video streams of the event, whenever she
is playing.

And with British player Anne Keothvang playing in the first
match today, there are people watching and/or listening
from office networks ALL OVER the United Kingdom.

I offer three choices for video, you can go to Justin TV,
use Sopcast, or use our Windows Media feed. Since the
Windows Media feet is not in any vendor's filtering lists,
it can easily be tuned in from work. Just open Windows
Media Player, enter the IP and port for our Windows Media
streaming video server, and you can watch from the office
all day.

When Maria Sharapova is playing, we have had our server
CRASH under the load, with people connecting from office
networks all over Europe to tune in.

So for you admins in Europe wondering why people are
gobbling down bandwidth at 343K each, now you know why.
Everyone wants to tune in to watch Maria play.

  • Re: Lullys temperament
    ... that they have been playing out of tune seems to threaten them. ... sharper-than-Pythagorean leading tones and play them in tune. ... the tuning may gain more acceptance and more quickly. ...
    (rec.music.early)
  • Re: BUXTON REVIEW
    ... Of course, once I'd agreed to one tune, Ian managed to twist my arm to play a couple more. ... Definitely Get The Funk Out, Trev's sublime Little Wing, Room 335 and Pablo's superb Surfing With The Alien Paul Simpson playing sax on Memphis. ... Get the funk out This was stunning ...
    (uk.music.guitar)
  • Re: Must-know basics?
    ... people feel are imperative to accelerate in jazz guitar. ... I probably worked on those tunes from every angle I could thing of for at least 50-100 hours per tune. ... playing the melody as written and up an octave, memorizing it, phrasing it ... figuring out some chord-scale relationships and learning those scales across the entire fingerboard, then making some attempts to improvise melodies with those scales while still not losing sight of where the chord tones are within the scale. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: Slightly heavy-hearted request for a bit of playing feedback
    ... half the age I am now. ... competent guitar playing, good sound on the recording, and a nifty ... irritate the really picky pickers. ... that my playing and my tune is unremarkable. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: Jazz and Swing - again
    ... One thing that might help you is to take a simple tune like In a Mellphone ... start playing it in other keys. ... My trumpet master gave me 'Do a deer' as a starting piece, ... > Lord Thomas Dacre, quoted by George MacDonald Fraser in 'The Candlemass ...
    (rec.music.makers.trumpet)