Re: Explorer error on pop up

On Apr 16, 1:35 am, Shawn C <Shawn.C.3qo...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have been getting a random pop up that gives me a window with the
usual "Internet explorer cannot display webpage" message that comes up
when the computer cannot connect to a web site but the browser I'm
running doesn't come up with an error.  The address it is trying to
reach is "http://212.117.161.140"; which is followed by a string of
numbers and letters.  I had run spybot a week ago and found a couple of
cookies or something and fixed them.  I have fprot antivirus and spybot
both of which I run frequently and are automaticly updated.  Is this
something I should be concerned about?  Or can anyone tell me how to
eliminate this?

--
Shawn C
Shawn C's Profile:http://forums.techarena.in/members/90264.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

you are infected with malware of some description. Check for any
unscanned folders/ignore list in your anti virus and spybot. I have
found spybot to be generally very good, never used fprot, I would
recommend starting your PC in safe mode and running spybot and anti-
virus scans, if nothing foudn still, unistall fprot, install avast
free edition, start in safe mode again and scan again.

Flamer.

  • Re: Virus Scans Freezing
    ... > | In Spybot, I've followed the path, and gone into the "hosts" file, but it asks what I want ... > Start by running the bove both in Safe Mode. ... > The following "is" anti virus software. ... > download the files and perform a scan in Normal Mode. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Cannot remove adware
    ... Often, its best to run cleaning tools, such as AdAware, SpyBot and your AV software in Safe Mode. ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display ... >> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...
  • Re: Wes Vogel: Need help with VBouncer removal
    ... > Spybot ran clean with no problems. ... A giant Thank You to you, Wes, for all your ... >> Try rebooting into Safe Mode. ... Where or how does Spybot S&D show that you have VBouncer. ...
  • Summary (was Re: Ok, so Im a lazy moron - Explorer crashes at startup)
    ... ALWAYS with a/v, Spybot and AAW. ... Up to date CWShredder finds nothing (even in Safe Mode). ... Data source object exploit (Registry change, ... a LOT of stuff loading but all the extra stuff appears to me tablet PC ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Unknown download
    ... Spybot found a bunch of stuff Ad-Aware ... All my virus scans still came up clean. ... >3) Do the following spyware removal: ... >Safe Mode, repeatedly tap the F8 key as your computer is ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)