Re: Internet slowdown

In article <grf71nUl5pL1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, bumens@xxxxxxxxxxx says...

G <geoffstempbox-usenet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Get rid of the software firewall and buy a NAT Router or a real firewall
appliance.
You SHOULD be behind a properly configured NAT router at a minimum. If
you want to run a software firewall as well, Comodo and OnlineArmor are
considered to be very good free options.

Bullshit.

Better deavtivate network services, so your computer doesn't need
firewalling any more.

VB.

Among those who consider software firewalls to be beneficial (and they
are many), those two are considered to be very good free options.

Why don't you just outline your recommendations for the one who asked
the question, and let him make his own decision on what's best?

  • Re: Internet slowdown
    ... You SHOULD be behind a properly configured NAT router at a minimum. ... you want to run a software firewall as well, Comodo and OnlineArmor are ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: OT (a bit) - Recommendations for software firewall, anti-virus and anti-spyware
    ... I'm currently using ZoneAlarm Security Suite for anti-virus, ... anti-spyware and a software firewall. ... newsletter had good things to say about Comodo AV, ... For anti-spyware, I'm using Spybot Search & Destroy and Lavasoft ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: AVG Internet Securiy (paid version) or MSE?
    ... I recently employed the freeware version of Comodo AV and with my paid ... for software firewall by Look 'n' Stop and my hardware firewall I am ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)