Problems using Google Earth and Maps... (When connected through router)

I am having issues when I am at home on my wireless router that i
don't have when I am at work. (I have a MacBook Pro laptop that goes
back and forth between work and home as well as an iPhone)

I noticed that when I am at home, and run google earth on the laptop,
that I get an error message saying it can't connect to some server.
I run the application at work and it works fine.

I use the maps application on the iPhone at home and get a similar
error when I use the WiFi connection. However if I disable the
wireless (and use the 3G) the maps application runs flawlessly.

Any Ideas what might be causing this? I suspect its a port that needs
opening, but I have no clue which port or what else in the router
would break these apps.

By the way I'm running a WRT600N with the latest (Canadian) firmware.

  • Re: accessing a protected access point
    ... What steps do I need to do to add another connection and put in the ... unspecified model wireless router. ... unspecified model Belkin USB adapter can successfully connect to your ... ahhh - I think the confusing part was your use of the word "port"? ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Home firewall Hits
    ... Or do you have SNMP enabled on the Wireless router at all? ... >I use Kerio's tiny personal firewall and Windows ME. ... >Port 162 with a UDP message. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • How to turn WRT54G into access point
    ... So I just moved into my new apartment. ... decided I'd hook up my wireless router to the port to add wireless to ... Now I've had trouble turning the wrt54g into an accesspoint. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Has anyone got the Linksys to work off the ethernet port on the computer?
    ... > Wall cable to modem, modem to PCMCIA in computer, Ethernet ... > port from computer to internet port on wireless router. ... moden to internet port on wireless router. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Remote Access ability suddenly stopped working
    ... wireless router --> workgroup switch and we discovered that the internal ip ... off the port assignments. ... > The machines we're trying to connect to are XP Pro using Remote> Desktop. ... Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking) ...