Re: Do not use Port 24032 for P2P

Am Thu, 23 Oct 2008 13:56:59 -0700 schrieb Chilly8:
Of course, a good encryption system can defeat traffic analysis.

Burkhard Ott <news@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
yep, thats what the smart people do :-).

Um, let me see now. Consider a PC making lots of TCP sessions to "random"
places. There are a lot of other "random" places making TCP connections
to this PC. The whole lot either self-limits to a relatively arbitrary
KB/s or else tries to fill up the entire available bandwidth. Encryption
or not, I'd suggest that this scenario was remarkably consistent with
a P2P model, regardless of the traffic content.

Traffic analysis is (partly) about looking for recognisable patterns.
Chris
.