Re: New machine in DMZ not responding

rotas.dw@xxxxxxxxx writes:

On Oct 14, 8:04 pm, Burkhard Ott <n...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Mon, 13 Oct 2008 16:12:36 -0700 schrieb rotas.dw:

Hi

I have a SonicWall Pro300 with a web server in the DMZ. I have just
added a second machine to the DMZ and the two can ping each other but
the new machine can not ping the firewall itself (where the first one
can).
Is there something I need to set up to have the second machine work?
The subnet mask is 255.255.255.240 for our WAN netblock and I've set
the gateway address of the new machine to the public address of the
sonicwall the same as the existing machine - it 'should' all just work
but somethings stopping it.
Any ideas?

Cameron

replace sonicwall.

cheers

Thank you for your ever so well thought out and well reasoned
response. Does anybody else have anything sensible to add to the
discussion?

Sonicwall sorta blows?

They charge a significant sum for updates and support don't they? If
so... have you asked them? As you probably have seen in the archives
you searched before posting, they're not really the hot firewall these
days.

Usenet... you get what you pay for. With the right attitude,
sometimes more. But don't count on it. :-)

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/