Re: New machine in DMZ not responding

On Oct 14, 8:04 pm, Burkhard Ott <n...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Mon, 13 Oct 2008 16:12:36 -0700 schrieb rotas.dw:

Hi

I have a SonicWall Pro300 with a web server in the DMZ. I have just
added a second machine to the DMZ and the two can ping each other but
the new machine can not ping the firewall itself (where the first one
can).
Is there something I need to set up to have the second machine work?
The subnet mask is 255.255.255.240 for our WAN netblock and I've set
the gateway address of the new machine to the public address of the
sonicwall the same as the existing machine - it 'should' all just work
but somethings stopping it.
Any ideas?

Cameron

replace sonicwall.

cheers

Thank you for your ever so well thought out and well reasoned
response. Does anybody else have anything sensible to add to the
discussion?

  • Re: New machine in DMZ not responding
    ... the new machine can not ping the firewall itself (where the first one ... Is there something I need to set up to have the second machine work? ... sonicwall the same as the existing machine - it 'should' all just work ... they're not really the hot firewall these ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • New machine in DMZ not responding
    ... I have a SonicWall Pro300 with a web server in the DMZ. ... the new machine can not ping the firewall itself (where the first one ... Is there something I need to set up to have the second machine work? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: New machine in DMZ not responding
    ... I have a SonicWall Pro300 with a web server in the DMZ. ... the new machine can not ping the firewall itself (where the first one ... Is there something I need to set up to have the second machine work? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • MSExchangeDSAccess errors on front end
    ... I haven't used the ping to test RPC ... connectivity, but prior to the firewall upgrade, my ... >in Sonicwall DMZ) and a single back-end. ...
  • Re: Retrieve WAN IP from Sonicwall Tele3
    ... Set up a PC on the TELE3's LAN to point to one of your SonicWALL ... don't allow ping inbound, ... friend on the cable modem / DHCP-assigned dynamic IP firewall network. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)