New machine in DMZ not responding

Hi

I have a SonicWall Pro300 with a web server in the DMZ. I have just
added a second machine to the DMZ and the two can ping each other but
the new machine can not ping the firewall itself (where the first one
can).
Is there something I need to set up to have the second machine work?
The subnet mask is 255.255.255.240 for our WAN netblock and I've set
the gateway address of the new machine to the public address of the
sonicwall the same as the existing machine - it 'should' all just work
but somethings stopping it.
Any ideas?

Cameron

  • Re: New machine in DMZ not responding
    ... the new machine can not ping the firewall itself (where the first one ... Is there something I need to set up to have the second machine work? ... sonicwall the same as the existing machine - it 'should' all just work ... they're not really the hot firewall these ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: New machine in DMZ not responding
    ... I have a SonicWall Pro300 with a web server in the DMZ. ... the new machine can not ping the firewall itself (where the first one ... Is there something I need to set up to have the second machine work? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: New machine in DMZ not responding
    ... the new machine can not ping the firewall itself (where the first one ... Is there something I need to set up to have the second machine work? ... sonicwall the same as the existing machine - it 'should' all just work ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Best practice to setup a DMZ? (hyperV and guests)
    ... I don't think I would have the Sonicwall "aware" of anything VLAN related ... what cable is plugged into which physical Port and what that particualr ... Ideally the machines in the dmz will have Both a new subnet (different ... Virtualization does not "change" anything. ...
  • SonicWall DMZ issue
    ... We have a SonicWall Pro with employees connecting from home via ... websites inside the DMZ is to restart SonicWall. ... The only servers in the DMZ are web servers; ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)