Re: Snapgear 580

On Oct 10, 1:49 am, Burkhard Ott <n...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Thu, 09 Oct 2008 23:43:55 -0700 schrieb Jerim:

I am just trying to find the term for this so that I can research it.

destination nat, portforwarding ...

Thanks, that did help. However, I just wanted to double check and make
sure I have it setup right. We have 4 public IP addresses, let's say
206.78.155.146 - 206.78.155.149. We have assigned 206.78.155.146 to
the WAN side of the snapgear. The LAN side hands out 172.16.142.XXX
addresses. The server in question has a private IP address of
172.16.142.3. I have Port Forwarding setup as:

Descriptive Name Incoming Interface Source
Address Destination Address
Services To Destination Address To
Services
SIP Any
Any (Port B, 206.78.155.146) tcp/
sip/5060 172.16.142.3
Unchanged

I am trying to connect a SIP phone at home to the Asterisk server on
the private network at work. As I understand it, I should set my phone
to attempt to connect to the Asterisk server at 206.78.155.146. The
way I have it setup up, any traffic on port 5060 should be sent to
172.16.142.3. I just want to make sure that I have my networking
concepts correct.

  • Linux firewall behind Cisco DSL Router
    ... ADSL running with DHCP'ed IP from our ISP. ... This router is doing NAT. ... I want to setup a linux router/fw for the network. ... address of the private network PC's. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: [opensuse] VOIP peer to peer
    ... home machine (I have control over the home network, firewall wise, but ... the work IT setup is out of my hands, there are MS proxys, MS IS ... party server. ... With a SIP phone, either in software or as normal phone, you can ...
    (SuSE)
  • win 2003 firewall
    ... How do i setup the win2003 firewall so everything is blocked apart from the ... computers in the private network which i want to be able to connect to for ...
  • Re: win 2003 firewall
    ... > How do i setup the win2003 firewall so everything is blocked apart from ... > computers in the private network which i want to be able to connect to for ...
  • Re: [SLE] ssh xforwarding...
    ... >> But I know setup 3 new Systems to run on a private network, ... Chadley ... Check the headers for your unsubscription address ...
    (SuSE)