.htaccess response not getting out

I have a home website that works fine except that if I click on a link
to a folder that has .htaccess authorization I never get the user/
password box, it just stalls until I click on another folder whereupon
the content is displayed. All other content on the site is available
to the outside without issue, and the .htaccess stuff works as
expected when I click the link from one of the internal computers in
the house.

The firewall is pf and it's been told to allow all outbound traffic,
although I might have followed that with a rule specifying tcp and udp
protocols. Are .htaccess type packets not part of either of those? I'm
somewhat new to ruleset structure and the like so I'm sure pf is
simply doing what I've told it to do.

thanks,

tf

  • Re: Cannot find page- cgiemail
    ... vti__cnf: .htaccess ... should see your index.htm files and the index_files folder. ... i have even used my host's file builder to upload each file seperately ... where do i find out what extension my mailer has? ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • RE: htaccess woes
    ... Apologies - I am VERY new to Linux and am learning ... > Make sure your file .htaccess got the correct access rights. ... > to protect the phpMyAdmin folder with .htaccess. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: page redirects on dynamically created folders
    ... >> files to your own webspace and then link to them from the site. ... >> php newbie the various scripts to secure pages are a little beyond ... >> place into any given folder; ... > You mention .htaccess so presumably you have, or are able to create, a ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: password protection
    ... >> certain folders but php easily circumvents it. ... They cannot browse directly to the folder because .htaccess ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: Increasing upload file limits ?
    ... I tried to override this using .htaccess containing line ... But placing this in the upload script folder causes apache errors when serving scripts in that folder. ...
    (comp.lang.php)