Re: They are coming back from holdays

Chilly8 wrote:

"Bud" <bud@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ur6dne67frY4jFXVnZ2dnUVZ_jWdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Chilly8 wrote:

As people come back from summer holidays in the north and
winter holidays in the South, I am seeing the at-work listening
coming back on our radio station, and people are coming through
proxies from all over the world to connect.

I had one guy in my chat rooms, bouncing off a proxy in Thailand
admit to doing so, so he can hide his activities from his boss.
A lot of listeners are bouncing on proxies hosted at a colocation
centre in China. The boss will not that people are going to
strange addresses in Chian, but will NEVER know what is
going in.

I am also seeing a lot of listening coming from a new VPN service
in Rotterdam. Holland. For only 10 USD a month, you get an
encrypted connection that cannot be sniffed, and you use
their own proprietary software. Just install on the software
on your computer, then go to their website and get an
account. The boss will see a new strange encryption scheme
being used, but he/she will NEVER know what that employee
is up to.

Are you still promoting the unethical use of proxies and the amoral use of working time for personal purposes? And for 'only 10 USD a month'. Such a bargain for those who should be drawing unemployment for such actions. For shame on them...and you!

If it NOT unethical. During our broadcasts of the political conventions,
listenership went through the ROOF, especially during the rollcallof the
states, at the Democratic convention, which had the unusual schedule
of being held during the working hours in parts of the USA.

A lot of people WERE tuned in from workingplaces on that day. It was
NOT unethical to listen to the Democratic or Republican conventions
from work.

Unethical? Probably not.

Against company policy? More than likely.

--
Notan

  • Re: They are coming back from holdays
    ... As people come back from summer holidays in the north and ... so he can hide his activities from his boss. ... A lot of listeners are bouncing on proxies hosted at a colocation ... I am also seeing a lot of listening coming from a new VPN service ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • They are coming back from holdays
    ... As people come back from summer holidays in the north and ... so he can hide his activities from his boss. ... I am also seeing a lot of listening coming from a new VPN service ... their own proprietary software. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: They are coming back from holdays
    ... As people come back from summer holidays in the north and ... so he can hide his activities from his boss. ... I am also seeing a lot of listening coming from a new VPN service ... NOT unethical to listen to the Democratic or Republican conventions ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Analyze this!
    ... and thus is hard to analyze in some respects. ... study the music in more detail than just by listening and saying "that ... Conventions are the closest thing that we have to truth, ... nasty "laws") but I guess many of us don't have the best ears so we have to ...
    (rec.music.theory)