Re: Watchguard x700

daz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi guys

I am trying to harden our firewall by denying the download of program
files (.exe,.com,dll etc). I've denied the application/oct-stream
thing but it also stops .zip files from downloading (which we need)

Has anyone managed to do this?

Andy
Consider untangle (open source, free, loads OS and sw from one cd)to suppliment your firewall, easy to manage, can block by extension, protocol, webfilter, and more functions.
www.untangle.com

  • Re: WindowsXP slower after reinstall.
    ... Did you install the drivers for your motherboard, ... >>> this I can reinstall them from backup. ... >> Did you get on the Internet unprotected by a firewall or antivirus? ... >> Direct Download of Service Pack 2 for Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: WindowsXP slower after reinstall.
    ... > Did you get on the Internet unprotected by a firewall or antivirus? ... > Also - did you test your hardware before reinstalling - it could be a bad ... > will have to do whatever you did before to get them installed or download ... > You can see the critical patches released for a given ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: WindowsXP slower after reinstall.
    ... > Did you get on the Internet unprotected by a firewall or antivirus? ... > Also - did you test your hardware before reinstalling - it could be a bad ... > will have to do whatever you did before to get them installed or download ... > You can see the critical patches released for a given ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: WindowsXP slower after reinstall.
    ... > this I can reinstall them from backup. ... Did you get on the Internet unprotected by a firewall or antivirus? ... Also - did you test your hardware before reinstalling - it could be a bad ... And no - if you did not download the installable files for the patches - you ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Bridge.dll file
    ... I have Windows ... > How do I download a new bridge dll file or do I even need to do that? ... by the normal home user and in cooperation with a good firewall, ... I see that AntiVirus software is an absolute necessity given ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)