Re: snmp through netscreen 5gt

On Apr 28, 2:46 am, Burkhard Ott <postmas...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Fri, 25 Apr 2008 11:51:19 -0700 schrieb Niles Ferrier:

On Apr 25, 11:38 am, pale...@xxxxxxxxx (Alan Strassberg) wrote:
In article <ac7f8fc0-edac-415d-a7d9-fc455fe58...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,

<j...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,
[..]
We have this setup and working for RDP for both servers on two
different ports for RDP. 8085 and 8086. We modeled the snmp forwarding
the same way.

I have checked the policies log and snmp activity isnt in the log.
however, the system that I am using to test is nagios and is testing
ports 8443 and that is in the log.

You can observer the traffic better with:

set ffilter dst-ip x.x.x.x
debug flow basic
get db stream
or set the snoop filter

So you can see if ther comes traffic and what happens with those packets.

regards

I ended up changing the snmp port on the servers and the redirection
works fine. I was thinking that maybe it had to do with the fact that
we want to monitor the netscreen itself over 161.

Thanks agian.

jeff

  • Nagios + 6.3-RELEASE == Hung Process
    ... I setup nagios to do some system monitoring ... ... latest version from ports into a jail, so that I could easily move it around ... Figuring that it might be a problem with the jail (trying to access somethign ... server level ... ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Nagios + 6.3-RELEASE == Hung Process
    ... I setup nagios to do some system monitoring ... ... latest version from ports into a jail, so that I could easily move it around ... Figuring that it might be a problem with the jail (trying to access somethign ... server level ... ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: snmp through netscreen 5gt
    ... I have checked the policies log and snmp activity isnt in the log. ... ports 8443 and that is in the log. ... set ffilter dst-ip x.x.x.x ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Nagios + 6.3-RELEASE == Hung Process
    ... I setup nagios to do some system monitoring ... ... latest version from ports into a jail, so that I could easily move it around ... I get a second nagios process running that takes up ch CPU ...
    (freebsd-questions)