Re: Why all the VITROIL and HATRED towards Internet Explorer

Chilly8 wrote:

One reason I changed streaming service providers is becuase Live 365
does not work with Firefox, and I was catching HELL for that. I
just cannot UNDERSTAND why so many people HATE Internet
Explorer. WHAT is so BAD about Internet Explorer to make Live
365 broadcasters lose listeners, after Firefox no longer worked with
the Live 365 player Window?

Many in this thread have given you a variety of good reasons; I'll offer one more.

One of the reasons IE, and even Office, is disliked is because Microsoft refuses to accept standards that just about everyone else has agreed upon.

This means anyone involved with webpage/webapp design is basically forced to program things twice: once to work in IE and once for just about everything else.

Anywho. Cheers.

  • Why all the VITROIL and HATRED towards Internet Explorer
    ... does not work with Firefox, and I was catching HELL for that. ... just cannot UNDERSTAND why so many people HATE Internet ... WHAT is so BAD about Internet Explorer to make Live ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Atomiclog -- hows it get there?
    ... drive-by downloading; another good reason not to browse ... | with Internet Explorer. ... It could just as easily been FireFox by an older version or by an older version of Sun Java. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Buxton registration
    ... Remove the teeth from my email address to reply ... Worked on Firefox but not Internet Explorer ... Yes, it seems to hate Internet Explorer, but I can't try it out until ...
    (uk.music.guitar)
  • Re: getting windows 98 to see my ethernet connectd cable modem?
    ... Make sure you have updated your VPC Additions and then enabled Shared ... > internet using FireFox and Internet Explorer. ... > some reason I can not figure out how to get Internet Explorer to see my ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.virtualpc)
  • getting windows 98 to see my ethernet connectd cable modem?
    ... I have VPC 7 working fine with Windows XP and connecting to the ... internet using FireFox and Internet Explorer. ... some reason I can not figure out how to get Internet Explorer to see my ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.virtualpc)