Re: Why all the VITROIL and HATRED towards Internet Explorer

Chilly8 wrote:

One reason I changed streaming service providers is becuase Live 365
does not work with Firefox, and I was catching HELL for that. I
just cannot UNDERSTAND why so many people HATE Internet
Explorer. WHAT is so BAD about Internet Explorer to make Live
365 broadcasters lose listeners, after Firefox no longer worked with
the Live 365 player Window?

Many in this thread have given you a variety of good reasons; I'll offer one more.

One of the reasons IE, and even Office, is disliked is because Microsoft refuses to accept standards that just about everyone else has agreed upon.

This means anyone involved with webpage/webapp design is basically forced to program things twice: once to work in IE and once for just about everything else.

Anywho. Cheers.