Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!

"Sebastian G." <seppi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Chilly8 wrote:

One use for my VPN server is when I go to countries that heavily
censor the Internet. I can bypass the local censorship by using
a VPN connection to my server elsewhere. With the strong
encryption, I cannot be monitored by government censors,

But it can be simply censored by not allowing any such connection in first
place. D'oh, that's exactly what China does!

However, I have my server in a server farm, and not on any of
the blocking lists, in China or Cuba. I test this, often, by connecting
to my web site, also running on the same server, through open proxies
in China and Cuba, and my web site is currently accessible from
China and Cuba.

The way China does it, is by fiddling with their DNS services,
so a particular name, will not resolve. This could by bypassed by
using the raw IP number for my server.

since the connection cannot be analysed,

cracked, monitored, or sniffed.

It can be analyzed, trivially. Both by the headers as well as by the
statistical significant pseudorandomness of the paylod.

But with the connection encrypted, and going through my
server, they cannot find out that I am accessing banned sites,
while in the country.

  • Re: fast intersection calculation between bezier & rectangle
    ... The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading." ... from people in China who are unable to access the website. ...
    (comp.graphics.algorithms)
  • Re: Free MySpace, Facebook, YouTube Proxies!
    ... censor the Internet. ... a VPN connection to my server elsewhere. ... encryption, I cannot be monitored by government censors, ... But it can be simply censored by not allowing any such connection in first place. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Outgoing POP3 email missing/lost/not received
    ... Funny thing is that I have had this ISP for 8 years and it has always been ... It looks like when you last ran CEICW, you set the ISP's mail server to: ... Internet Connection Wizard. ... After the wizard completes, the following network connection ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cannot connect client to server 2003
    ... you need to reconfigure the IP schema of your SBS ... On the SBS 2003 Server open the Server Management console. ... On the Connection Type page, click Broadband, and then click Next. ... Alternate DNS server, type the IP addresses that are provided by your ISP ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Outgoing POP3 email missing/lost/not received
    ... ISP's mail server instead of the domain name on the ... SUMMARY OF SETTINGS FOR CONFIGURE E-MAIL AND INTERNET ... Internet Connection Wizard. ... After the wizard completes, the following network connection ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)