How to setup a security

We are planing to setup a networkwhich will have a domain controller,
file server, ftp server, and VPN server. From remote location people
will be acessing the server through means of VPN server. for
restricting unsolicated incomming traffic we are using firewall which
will allowve only the trusted ip address. but now the quary is ow i
can block the hackers, and how can i secure my network in a better way

Thanks
SMaRK Technologies

  • Re: Win2k3 single NIC VPN routing problem
    ... You need to set apply static route to the VPN client so that it may gain ... Run route print on the VPN client (not on the server - you gave us the ... routing table from VPN server) when it's connected again. ...
  • Re: VPN Gateway
    ... shouldn't be 255.255.255.255 and a gateway address is not relevant. ... The server itself will get an IP address of 192.168.21.n and the ... route is to the VPN server via the point to point link. ... server was the default gateway of your LAN, ...
  • Re: WM5, VPN via PPTP/MPPE, and direct connection to Exchange
    ... non-Microsoft VPN server, in order to access an Exchange Server on a private ... clients to Exchange via the VPN server, I have to select the the Outlook ... NOT synchronising with a client laptop. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.phone_edition)
  • Re: Mysterious VPN Errors
    ... Does this mean that the process of connecting to the VPN and authenticating ... > If your Firewall is performing NAT for the system and all your servers & ... Your Windows Server may do the ... > This also means that you could also use the firewall as the VPN Server for ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.vpn)