Re: Wedding Planning Sites - NOT unethical

"Leythos" <void@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
In article <fmr298$fhn$1@xxxxxxxx>, chilly8@xxxxxxxxxxx says...
They were NOT breaking
any New York laws by using my proxy to tune in to the event.

Actually, many school systems have policy, signed by parents and kids,
that permit the school to permanently disable their computer accounts
for such violations.

You are unethical.

Another good example, some years ago, was one girl who was a
student at Bob Jones University. She told me that her parents
did not agree with some parts of the Internet usage policy, so
they set up an encrypted link on the parents broadband link at
home. When she went to surf the Net, she would make an
encrypted connection to her parents computer, and then
surf the net from there. There is no POSSIBLE way the
admins at Bob Jones University could EVER figure out
what she was up to. They would know she was making
an encrypted connection to her parents computer, but
would never know where she was going beyond her
parents computer. Bascially, her parents gave her a
private link to circumvent the University's filtering
system, and in the four years she was there, the
university never got wise to what she was doing.

  • Re: Permission to camp forms
    ... nights away; shooting; and when external agents required them, ... activities in the home area I insisted that parents were given full ... But that is what it is - your Group/Distrct policy. ... A parental consent form is required from the parents/guardians of ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: Please do me a favor to correct my artcles
    ... Parents in rural areas are allowed two children provided the ... Is the official estimate that China's policy has reduced its population to 1.5 million less than it would have been otherwise? ... So some couples want to have more than one child. ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Named beneficiaries on insurance policies
    ... policy, usually taken out via one’s employer, and where one would ... “The law should not be Black and White it should be Fare. ... “And how parents get treated regarding the law as parents because there ... they are no blood relative to your son." ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Curious
    ... those whose parents were not happy with them having a beer of an evening ... I decided even with parental consent I wasn't going to ... alcohol and supply it to young people. ... They could see I had thought about it and had a policy for everyone, ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: kid-free restaurant, good idea?
    ... So why not have a policy in place? ... you become an instant hero to other diners who witness ... brat and/or inconsiderate parents; you lose only one table that you ... but very few people are going to resort to physical violence in ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)