Re: New proxies

goarilla <"kevin DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be"> wrote:
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers wrote:
goarilla <"kevin DOT paulus AT skynet DOT be"> wrote:
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers wrote:
Ummm... EnCase isn't something you can just buy off every shelf. And
yes, The tool is very commonly used in forensic examinations.
Corporations can buy it so in my eyes it's off the shelf commercial
software.
i don't care if pc stores don't hold it in store, pc stores also don't
hold suites like 3D Studio Max, eg ...

What exactly does that change about the fact that law enforcement
agencies actually do use EnCase?

nothing i'm drifting off the subject
but i really think a few GNU shred's defeats software like that,

Of course. Even a "dd if=/dev/zero of=..." most likely will.

cu
59cobalt
--Mark Russinovich

  • Re: Todays WSJ....
    ... we do as y ou mention care about ... progressively more corrupt... ... Meerkats, known for a long time to be good ... women who are or think they are too heavy), drug stores (for all the pills ...
    (sci.research.careers)
  • Re: Todays WSJ....
    ... we do as y ou mention care about ... progressively more corrupt... ... Meerkats, known for a long time to be good ... women who are or think they are too heavy), drug stores (for all the pills ...
    (sci.research.careers)
  • Re: The New Totalitarianism: How American Corporations Have Made America Like the Soviet Union
    ... striking things about our victorious corporations now is the degree to ... attributes of the Soviet system -- too often leaving their employees, ... pop stores, which in turn carried merchandise also made by small ... This extreme level of autonomy notoriously led to doctors ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)
  • The New Totalitarianism: How American Corporations Have Made America Like the Soviet Union
    ... attributes of the Soviet system -- too often leaving their employees, ... It's not just that the corporations have taken control over our ... rich variety of stores that competed aggressively for their customers' ... This extreme level of autonomy notoriously led to doctors ...
    (rec.sport.pro-wrestling)
  • Re: bettas in plastic cups - bettas.jpg (0/1)
    ... privately owned stores will often have the time to talk to each customer. ... ensure that the best provision is made for their pets. ... One place I go refuses to sell Clown Loaches to anyone with less than a 30 gall tank - please let's not go get into a Clown Loach tank size discussion :-). ... are going to care for your pet, some will actually insist on a home visit to make sure that you have adequate care provisions and refuse to allow you a dog or a cat if you don't. ...
    (rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc)