Re: New proxies

Chilly8 wrote:

"Sebastian G." <seppi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:5pmr1dFs9g54U2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers wrote:

Not meaning to support the troll, but KillDisk should indeed prevent
forensic tools from recovering data (provided it does overwrite the
harddisk as it claims). Doing that will take some time, though. And
leave you with a blank harddisk.
Still requires admin rights, which shouldn't be the case in a company IT environment. Still it wouldn't be hard for the user to write to every file has he access to, and thus eliminate any traces created by software running in his context.

There is a new solution now for listening to Live 365 from work, for U.S.
listeners. If you have a compatable cell phone, you can now download a
program into your cell phone, that will let you listen to Live 365 from
any compatable cellular network in the U.S. Just download into your
cell phone, plug in your headphones, and enjoy. Or if you have a
"patch cable", just plug into the line-in jack in your work PC, and
listen through your PC's speakers. However you listen, using
Mobile 365 and your cell phone, there is no POSSIBLE way the
boss can monitor what you are doing, since its your cell phone
carrier that is handling the traffic.And since all the patch cable
is doing is plugging the output from your cell phone earphone
jack into the line-in on your PC, there is NO extra software
needed, so NOTHING will show up in any event logs.
As long as the PC is turned on, the music will flow through
the speakers.

why not plug a headphone jack in your cellphone instead of using a patch cable
and PC? And iirc cellphone traffic costs an arm and a leg. Still weather you use a cellphone
or go via your workpc it still substitues as 'NOT WORKING' and in the latter case as 'NOT WORKING AND
ABUSING COMPANY MATERIAL'

  • Re: Are Tri-Mode phones really all that useful anymore?
    ... This is the universal unactivated cell phone number. ... for the ANI or cellphone number..the ... >Personally, I think it's better to use a prepaid phone, where there is ... Just like insurance. ...
    (alt.cellular.verizon)
  • Devices Enforce Cellular Silence, Sweet but Illegal
    ... signal that cut off the chatterer's cellphone transmission - and any ... cell phone users see the time spent as an opportunity ... dynamics of face-to-face communication make such a conversation ... cell phone users on public transit systems ...
    (comp.dcom.telecom)
  • Re: OT - Cell phones
    ... can leave voice mail for each other with the phone which is a big ... I keep my cellphone turned off. ... Thats what voicemail is for. ... Even with my cell phone turned off I can have the call go to ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: cell phone for 11 year old
    ... I got mine a cellphone when she was 11. ... enough to go out with friends downtown during the day alone, ... If you don't let your daughter out without you I can't see why she'd need a ... I don't see why a cell phone would be necessary for a child ...
    (misc.kids)
  • Re: Adapt Cellphone Use To Lessen Risk
    ... There is no evidence that normal cellphone use is ... If the signal from the tower is ... estimate the crime rate. ... Lets look at everyone who uses a cell phone. ...
    (sci.med.diseases.cancer)