Re: Which home user router has a decent firewall inside it?

John Adams <no@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

My D-Link 604 is starting to act up so need a new wired router
soon. Which one has a decent firewall, does not lag your internet
connection much and is not too expensive? Must be Xbox 360 compatible
too. Thanks.

In the home budget range, the Linksys WRT54GL (just turn off the
wireless radio) or about any other Broadcom based device with
sufficient memory paired with the free dd-wrt firmware can create a
rather complex firewall of your choosing when paired with third party
firmware.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Firewall_Builder

As far as bang for the buck goes, I'm not sure there's anything
better.

(Yes, pedants, a Cisco PIX, a Juniper, Netscreen, or a Nokia IPSO based
firewall would be better if price, noise, size and power consumption
were no object. )

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.