Re: Online Armor Firewall?

bassbag wrote:

- buffer overflows in the kernel-mode driver due to lacking parameter
validation - runs a privileged service with 6 invisible windows,
making it vulnerable to shatter attacks

Can you provide links to this ,and also links to show that the vendor
is unwilling to fix this?

Sorry, the 30 days of disclosure time aren't over yet. At any rate, the windows for the shatter attacks are trivial to see with Spy++.

Technically you are correct,though some folks actually use it to
discuss firewall security ,with the intention of helping other posters
me

That's doesn't make the discussion any less pointless. What use is it to secure the windows if the door is standing open?

  • Re: Online Armor Firewall?
    ... windows for the shatter attacks are trivial to see with Spy++. ... There is no reason to debate how nonsecure or secure for that matter ... So I ask why give people a hard time. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Online Armor Firewall?
    ... parameter validation - runs a privileged service with 6 invisible ... the windows for the shatter attacks are trivial to see with Spy++. ... Thats true,and why many prefer a lyered approach to security in case ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: [SLE] Re: SUSE Firewall primitive shadow of ZoneAlarm in interactive user-control
    ... Windows is a full fledged protected mode OS, ... applications are very much shielded from each other - yes, ... Look up shatter attacks on Windows. ... Our OS who art in CPU, UNIX be thy name. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Terminating Application
    ... In one of the greater disasters I was involved in, and had to fix at great expense, ... Windows by changing it to ExitWindowswhich exited ... The disasters you describe ensued. ... went back to my client and we ditched the product. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: NoraThe "side-by-side" component is associated with the Vista Windows Resource
    ... Windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some them ... Detail are including in the cbs.log, but I not understand what files are not fix, please help my ... Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run ...