Re: Cyber Monday

In article <fiin66$p5b$1@xxxxxxxx>, chilly8@xxxxxxxxxxx says...
I run an "elite" proxy, effectively
making corporate transparent proxies USELESS in finding out
where they final destination was.

I set up the proxy that so people could circumvent the company
firewall to listen to Live 365.

And the simple truth is that if they can't connect, because of a simple
firewall rule, that you won't be providing anything to them.

As said before, you don't understand SIMPLE FIREWALL methods or
concepts, you just don't understand anything about networking.

All quality firewall appliances allow for restrictions simple enough to
prevent your service from being reached while still allowing approved
company/business websites to be accessed without ANY chance of the users
reaching a proxy.

--

Leythos
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  • Re: Cyber Monday
    ... people can bypass the company filtering proxy. ... No, every firewall on the market can do that, at least every quality ... White listing in firewalls, as well as black listing, are a basic ... Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] dirty packet tricks?
    ... solve via promiscuously sucking up packets. ... restriction that your 'sideways' proxy box is it will have to be on a hub ... The firewall will have to suppress all ICMP errors to the internal network ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] httport 3snf
    ... >> wouldn't have gotten SSH out of my firewall. ... > Postfix SMTP server with a wildcard MX that handed the mail that wasn't ... > destined to me off to the downstream MS stuff, and an HTTP proxy server ... All it needs is a written policx "Internet access is ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Kids bypassing firewall via web proxy sites
    ... We use a Sonicwall firewall, 3060, I subscribe to content fltering, ... I checked "Access to HTTP Proxy Servers" But I am still able to get to ... CyBlock, which does network proxy and filtering ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: NAT is not a mechanism for securing a network.. but.. HELP!
    ... tell you a NAT router is a firewall. ... > There is this one hot chick at a major American news network, ... >proxy, and come to a chat room where her and I have been chatting, she has ... >admins at the station she works for. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)