Re: Cyber Monday

In article <fig5ih$hvf$1@xxxxxxxx>, chilly8@xxxxxxxxxxx says...

"Leythos" <void@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:MPG.21b54c4bef68c763989859@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In article <fifusf$k6$1@xxxxxxxx>, chilly8@xxxxxxxxxxx says...

LOL, well you'll soon realize that monitoring software or not,
companies have neither the time or the resources to devote to watching
employee surfing habits. They put up a proxy to block inappropriate
sites (easily bypassed if you know what you're doing) and leave it at
that...

That is why people like me run public anonymity proxues, so that
people can bypass the company filtering proxy. And it is just a
matter of changing a few proxy settings to get the proxy to
work.

And yet it doesn't work like you claim - we have blocked 100% of
unapproved sites from our clients network using a simple concept - no
internet access to ANY site unless it is white-listed.

One ONE product made can do that, and it is very expensive.
CyBlock will do this, for $799 per year per 10 users, so that
would add up in a hurry. Solutions for white-listing are far
more expensive that what some companies would want to pay.

No, every firewall on the market can do that, at least every quality
firewall on the market, and there is no subscription for it - it's part
of the native firewall function.

White listing in firewalls, as well as black listing, are a basic
function.

--

Leythos
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

  • Re: Cyber Monday
    ... I set up the proxy that so people could circumvent the company ... firewall rule, that you won't be providing anything to them. ... Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • RWW, ICW problem
    ... SBS 2000 Premium. ... Call to Reading hardware selection returned ok. ... calling CNetCommit::ValidateFulltimeConnectionProperties. ... Call to Reading the firewall selection returned ok. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • ICW Error
    ... Call to Reading the firewall selection returned ok. ... Loading port mapping XML ... Calling CCertCommit::ValidatePropertyBag ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • ICW Error
    ... Call to Reading the firewall selection returned ok. ... Loading port mapping XML ... Calling CCertCommit::ValidatePropertyBag ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: RWW, ICW problem
    ... Call to Reading hardware selection returned ok. ... calling CNetCommit::ValidateFulltimeConnectionProperties. ... Call to Reading the firewall selection returned ok. ... Call to Notifying client setup for Default gateway as the SBS server returned ok. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)