Re: Cyber Monday

"Sebastian G." <seppi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:5r1evlF122g4bU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Chilly8 wrote:

That is why people like me run public anonymity proxues, so that
people can bypass the company filtering proxy. And it is just a
matter of changing a few proxy settings to get the proxy to
work.

Please lookup the keyword "transparent proxy" in your tech manual. Please
read and understand.

My proxy is an entry node onto the Tor network, so its pretty well
anonymous. The boss would knwo that a person connected to my
proxy, but would know where a worker went beyond that. Being
that its a Tor entry proxy, it provides a good level of anonymity.

Oh, and by the way, maybe you should lookup a typical company's IT usage
agreement. Something about "not circumventing technical installations" and
"you'll get fired it"...

That would depend on HOW its done. I have been trying to get
phpProxy to work on my server, but there is some strange error
that I cannot figure out how to fix. Since they would go directly
to my web site, and surf from there, it would NOT be considered
"circumventing technical isntallation", so NO CHANGES would be
needed to the browser settings, which is why those kinds of proxues
are outstripping all others in usgge. If the filter FAILS to block access
to my web site, this is is LEGAL for a worker to use it, contrary to
what a couple of others say. As long as you do not BREAK
any PASSWORDS to do it, then it cannot be considered
"circumventing technical installations".

  • Re: ISA2004 issues (pretty detailed description and therefore much reading :)
    ... > within AD environment (member server). ... > to autodetect proxy settings. ... Local DNS server configured to return my ISA ... > Is there a way to force IE browser to redetect its proxy settings? ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Re: Proxy Autoconfig Problem
    ... A piece in there says Firefox doesn't understand ... Make sure browsers are set to automatically detect proxy settings (I set up ... I wouldn't want to place any bets on hotfix inclusions ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup)
  • RE: Proxy box wont stay checked
    ... remember the IE proxy settings when it out off office. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Proxy box wont stay checked
    ... remember the IE proxy settings when it out off office. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Proxy server and XP Pro
    ... On the Proxy Server the LAT must be correct. ... However the browser will try to use the WSP ... Client if it is installed and you run the browser without any proxy settings ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)